20111013

tempe goes wrong.


When I was a kid, my mom liked to make breakfast food for dinner every now and then. I remember one night in particular when she had made breakfast after a long, hard day at work.

On that evening so long ago, my mom placed a plate of rice, a huge bowl of chicken soup, and extremely overburnt tempe in front of my dad. I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed! Yet all my dad did was reach for his tempe, smile at my mom and ask me how my day was at school.

I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember hearing my mom apologize to my dad for burning the tempe. And I'll never forget what he said: "Sweetheart, I love overburnt tempe nowadays, don't you know?"

Later that night, I went to say Daddy good night and I asked him if he really liked his tempe got overburned. He wrapped me in his arms and said, "Your momma put in a long hard day at work today and she's real tired. And besides... an overburnt tempe never hurt anyone!"

You know, life is full of imperfect things... and imperfect people. What I've learned over the years is that learning to accept each others faults and choosing to celebrate each others differences, is one of the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing, and lasting relationship.

So...please pass me a tempe. And yes, the overburnt one will do just fine! :)



kesannya gimana ya , tempe ._.
tapi ya mau gimana lagi, emang gitu :p
just want to share :)

Teno, out. 

By tenoismoko with 5 comments

5 kripik:

it's really annoying at the first time :p

Yap, I know but,..... we must appreciate someone's attention. She's tired but, you're hungreh. She cooked it for you with her tiredness and love, rite? unyu you knoooow

hrrr you told me as if i'm the one in that story ._.

hahahaha

ooooooooh, sorry mas, but......you're the only boy there :p

Post a Comment